Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Hello, how may I help you?" "Are you my hotel?!"

So, amazingly, I have internet access here at our hotel! So, I will fill you in on each day since I left.
Friday:
On friday, I worked my last shift at the fair. Sadness. :/ Even though I dont especially enjoy working with kids (or the lady in charge of kids, we call her the OTHER elisa), Im really sad that I couldn't work the last day. Also, im missing my award ceremony. Bummers. But, Oh well. So, me, angelina, my mama, and alisa drove down to campmeeting after work. It was an enjoyable ride because me and alisa are crazy together. I was trying to do her makeup in the car. lol. I believe I did fairly well. Well, we arived, unloaded, and went to bonfire. Later, me and alisa slept on the same ity bity super tiny cot. :P Yeah, we're best friends.

Saturday:
On saturday, we went to the church tent at campmeeting. But, we left early. The tent was SOOO dusty. It irritated my throat. We had potluck lunch at the patricios and got to see stephen (he is stationed in germany in the military). During the day we took a super long nap. YAY. Well, that evening.....I had a confrontation with alfred! lol. I basically yelled at him. Like super yelled. I made a scene. People were definitly looking. && my new friend I made, john john, saved me from him. It was total movie moment. He walked up and said, "Excuse me, I really need to talk to her. Do you mind if I steal her for a second?". Then he grabbed my hand and walked away with me. It was great. So, I now have a new hero. :P

Sunday:
Today, my family packed up ALL of our camping stuff and left at around 8ish to eat breakfast and leave. So breakfast was amazing. :) We ate at a vegi-vegan place. Then, me and my mom went our seperate way to orientation! It was a super long drive, 6 1/2 hours! Well, we arrived but we had one problem........we couldnt remember the name of our hotel! We knew it was on magnolia street, but we couldnt remember which hotel (there are several on the street). So, I definitly chacha'd and we called many of the hotels only to have them tell us, "sorry, you dont have reservations here". Well, eventually we stopped at a restaurant and used theyre phonebook. && we found our reservations! So, then we went for dinner at a yummy southwestern restaurant. I got enchiladas in a red, almost mole, sauce. Delicious.

Monday:
Orientation!! Well, I was definitly VERY nervous. But, it was actually pretty fun. :) I made some friends/aquaintances. Haha. It was funny. One of their name's was Laura. She's really nice. But.....she's gonna live off campus! Ugh. No roomate. Well, orientation was from 8ish-6. Well, actually 2 but we had other appoitments afterward. I now have a new college ID! :) I am FINALLY getting excited about going. I was slightly dreading it previously. But, I think it'll be okay. Well, after orientation.....we ate at this AMAZING papuseria. It was super delicious and cheap. MMmmm. And its pretty close to my university! After dinner, we went shopping! First, we went to Target. Then, we went to the Tyler mall. It was a VERY nice mall. && It had Forever 21! I got a new wallet. Yes! After that, we went back to our hotel and watched Sydney White. My mom was cracking up. :)

Today:
Well, I woke up pretty up at 6:30ish. && I have been blogging ever since! Well, the plans are for us to eat and leave around 9ish to go drive the 7 hours home........

Overall, I think that my trips were successful. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! Call me! I'm must know details about the Alfred incident! Geez you and your movie moments. Everything you did sounds fun and yummy :) Aww I miss you bunches! I can't wait till you come up here!

    ReplyDelete